Thursday, April 17, 2014

Laurie's Bow Pillow Tutorial



Laurie Matthews, a Boston Modern Quilt Guild member that has recently moved to Colorado, gave a cute bow pillow as a Yankee Swap gift at our holiday party.  Everyone loved that pillow -- especially me!  Laurie mentioned making a tutorial and I didn't let her forget it :)




True to her word, Laurie did write up a tutorial and I tested it for her.  I made the pillow cover and bow from Melissa Averinos' Swoon collection from a few years back.  I bought the fabric without knowing what I would do with it.  It makes a great pillow!  I thought it would be fun to switch the orientation of the print on the back.  I almost lined it up correctly. :}

Laurie has been working with Ann Kelle, creator of uber cute fabric collections.  You can find Laurie's tutorial here!

Linking up to Finish it up Friday!

6 comments:

Pinspot said...

How cute is that giant bow!

Scooquilt said...

Really great fabric choice for this pillow! Great finish.

Dresden Lane said...

Thanks for the shout-out Tina! Love the pillow!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Hi Tina! Love this pillow (as you know!). Thanks for sharing this!

alidiza said...

I just love how this turned out!!! Great fabric choices:-)

MalinisQuilts said...

This is just beautiful! I love you how you changed the direction of the print on the back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...